Thursday, May 28, 2015

BARBIE - World of Fashion - Catalog Insert - 1981

I loved playing Barbies.  That mostly consisted of combing their hair, changing their clothes, and setting up their house.  Most of my Barbie clothes were hand made by my mom, although my sisters and I did make our fair share of clothes out of old socks and fabric scraps.  And our Barbie house was a collection of cardboard boxes with cut out windows and drawn on art, with some handmade furniture.  We did have some of that blow up furniture, but mostly the air went out after a few minutes.  Our cousins had a Malibu Barbie Dream House that we drooled over whenever we were at their house.  My sister plans to win the Lottery and build a real Malibu Barbie Dream House














 I came across a bunch of fun Barbie items recently.............



2 comments:

  1. Hi! by any chance do you know the name of the artists who made those beautiful illustrations for Mattel back in 1981?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wish I did. I am sure they were working for Mattel and probably weren't credited for any of their work.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...